x2tienganh đã tổng hợp các dạng bài tập CÂU ĐIỀU KIỆN LOẠI 3 dưới đây để các bạn ôn tập về loại câu này. Trước hết cùng ôn lại vài điểm chính yếu của câu điều kiện loại 3 và thực hành bài tập tiếng anh.
Lý thuyết cơ bản
Câu điều kiện loại 3 nhằm diễn tả sự việc, hành động trái với thực tế ở quá khứ, thường được dùng với ý nghĩa tiếc nuối về điều gì đó.
Cấu trúc: If + S + had + V-ed/V3, S + would + have + V-ed/V3
- Trong mệnh đề chính của câu điều kiện loại 3, ngoài trợ động từ would, ta còn có thể dùng các trợ động từ khác như could, might,…
- Nhấn mạnh tính liên tục của hành động: If + S + had + been + V-ing, S + would + have + V-ed/V3
- Đối với mệnh đề chính trong câu điều kiện loại 3, ta có thể dùng thì tiếp diễn thay cho thì hoàn thành: If + S + had + V-ed/V3, S + would + have + been + V-ing
Put the verb into the correct form
1) Tom (not enter) ……………. for the examination if he had known that it would be so difficult.
2) Mike got to the station in time. If he (miss) …………… the train, he would have been late for the meeting.
3) It’s good that Anna reminded about the party. I (forget) ………………. if she (not remind) …………….. me.
4) We might not have stayed at this hotel if David (not recommend) ………………. it to us.
5) I’d have sent you some pictures while I was on holiday if I (know) ………………. your email address.
6) If I (know)…………that you were ill last week, I’d have gone to see you.
7) If I had seen you when you passed me in the street, I (say)……………….hello.
8) I would have gone out if I (not be)……………….so tired.
9) If he had been looking where he was going, he (not walk)……………….into the wall.
10) If she (be)……………thirsty, she’d have drunk something.
Read a situation and write a sentence with If
1) I didn’t call George because I didn’t know he wanted to apply for that job.
2) I was able to buy new computer because Jack lent me the money.
3) Anna wasn’t injured in the car accident because she was wearing a seat-belt.
4) I am hungry now because I didn’t have breakfast this morning.
5) She didn’t eat anything because she wasn’t hungry.
6) Mary was ill so she didn’t go to the cinema with me.
7) Tom didn’t play tennis because he broke his leg.
8) It rained so we couldn’t go for a walk.
9) I didn’t go to Julie’s birthday because she didn’t invite me.
10) I didn’t his phone number so I couldn’t call him.
Choose the correct answer
1) Which words CANNOT go in the space?
We………have won the game if we’d played a little better.
A. might B. could C. can
2) If the weather………better, we could have gone to the beach.
A. hadn’t been B. would have been C. had been
3) Which sentence has the same meaning?
I lost Jenifer’s number so I couldn’t call her.
A. If I had lost Jenifer’s number, I could have called her.
B. If I hadn’t lost Jenifer’s number, I could have called her.
C. If I hadn’t lost Jenifer’s number, I couldn’t have called her.
4) If I…………….time, I……………visited him.
A. would have / had B. had had / would have C. would have had / would have
5) I might have bought the table if……………….
A. it had been a bit bigger B. it would be a bit bigger C. it may have been a bit bigger
6) I…………..all that way to the castle if I’d known it was closed.
A. would have driven B. wouldn’t drive C. wouldn’t have driven
7) I’m sure Nicky…………..her grandfather more often if he had known he was so ill.
A. would have visited B. will visit C. would visit
8) If Keith………….more careful, he wouldn’t have had an accident.
A. has been B. were C. had been
9) I……………away if I had known you needed them.
A. would throw B. wouldn’t have thrown C. would have thrown
10) If you………….for the direction, we wouldn’t have got lost.
A. had asked B. has asked C. asked
Read the situation and choose the best sentence using third conditional
1) I didn’t Kay at the party. I wanted to speak to him about his vacation in New York.
A. If I had seen Kay at the party, I would have spoken to him.
B. If I saw Kay at the party, I would have spoken to him.
C. If I would have seen Kay at the party, I would have spoken to him.
2) We ate the pizza. We thought it was ours, not yours.
A. If we would have known the pizza was yours, we wouldn’t have eaten it.
B. We hadn’t eaten the pizza if we knew it was yours.
C. If we had known the pizza was yours, we wouldn’t have eaten it.
3) He wasn’t thirsty. He didn’t drink the cup of tea.
A. If he was thirsty, he would drink the cup of tea.
B. If he had been thirsty, he would have drunk the cup of tea.
C. If he has been thirsty, he would have drunk the cup of tea.
4) He didn’t read the news.He didn’t know about the car accident.
A. He would have known about the car accident if he will read the news.
B. He would have knew about the car accident if he had read the news.
C. He would have known about the car accident if he had read the news.
5) I got home late. I was tired in the morning.
A. I wouldn’t have been tired in the morning if I hadn’t gotten home so late.
B. I wasn’t so tired in the morning if I didn’t get home so late.
C. I wouldn’t have been tired in the morning if I don’t get home so late.
6) The car was going too fast. It ran off the road.
A. If the car hadn’t been going so fast, it wouldn’t have run off the road.
B. If the car didn’t go so fast, it wouldn’t have run off the road.
C. If the car wouldn’t go so fast, it won’t run off the road.
7) I wasn’t careful. I spilled the milk.
A. If I were more careful, I wouldn’t have spilled the milk.
B. If I was more careful, I didn’t spill the milk.
C. If I had been more careful, I wouldn’t have spilled the milk.
8) The film was on Channel 10. I wanted to watch it.
A. If I know the film was on Channel 10, I would have watched it.
B. If I had known the film was on Channel 10, I have watched it.
C. If I had known the film was on Channel 10, I would have watched it.
9) It didn’t rain. The flowers died.
A. If it rained, the flowers wouldn’t have died.
B. If it has rained, the flowers wouldn’t have died.
C. If it had rained, the flowers wouldn’t have died.
10) She didn’t study enough. She didn’t pass the test.
A. If she studied more, she passed the test.
B. If she had studied more, she would have passed the test.
C. If she had studied more, she will pass the test.
1) wouldn’t have entered 2) had missed 3) would have forgotten / hadn’t reminded
4) hadn’t recommended 5) had known 6) had known 7) would have said
8) hadn’t been 9) wouldn’t have walked 10) had been
1) If I had known George wanted to apply for that job, I would have called him.
2) If Jack hadn’t lent me the money, I wouldn’t have been able to buy new computer.
3) If Anna hadn’t been wearing a seat-belt, she would have been injured in the car accident.
4) If I had had breakfast this morning, I wouldn’t be hungry now.
5) If she had been hungry, she would have eaten something.
6) If Mary hadn’t been ill, she would have gone to the cinema with me.
7) If Tom hadn’t broken his leg, he would have played tennis.
8) If it hadn’t rained, we could have gone for a walk.
9) If Julie had invited me, I would have gone to her birthday party.
10) If I had known his phone number, I could have called him.
1) C 2) C 3) B 4) B 5) A
6) C 7) A 8) C 9) B 10) A
1) A 2) C 3) B 4) C 5) A
6) A 7) C 8) C 9) C 10) B
Với phần lý thuyết tổng quan và cơ bản nhất cùng bài tập câu điều kiện loại 3 sẽ giúp các bạn thực hành trước các kì kiểm tra, thi cuối kì. Chúc các em học tập.