Discover How to Get Project Performance, Costs and Schedule Under Control
This book covers the basic concepts of EARNED VALUE MANAGEMENT in an easy understandable way, supported by many graphical illustrations.
Controlling and reporting of project costs, schedules, technical progress and risks receives an ever-increasing importance in project management. With Earned Value Management you receive a very effective tool, which brings the necessary transparency and security in your projects.
Find out the answers to this difficult questions:
- My projects actual costs are lower than the planned costs. Does this mean that the project is working well or that it is behind schedule?
- My projects actual costs are higher than the planned cost and the project is half completed. How much does the project cost at project closure?
- Can we catch up with the current cost overrun or how much will these be at projects closure?
- When will we have completed the project?
With the answers to these questions, you quickly find out the health of your project. Over-optimistic estimates regarding the actual project progress are quickly exposed by EVM performance figures. This way you obtain early warning signs in order to manage your project successfully.
In this book, you discover the best project control method:
- The Genesis of Earned Value Management
- What is Earned Value Management and why do we need it?
- Project planning when using Earned Value Management
- The calculation of the Earned Value and its derived performance figures
- Project monitoring with EVM performance figures
- Project forecasts (final project costs, cost overrun, closure date)
- Earned Value Management reporting
The terminology used in this book is identical to the PMBOK ® Guide Fifth Edition 2013 of the PMI
This book is an indispensable manual for beginners in the EVM topic but also for experienced Project Managers, Project Controls Specialists and Project Portfolio Managers who have the first contact with EVM